Best ways to help Autistic children in Covid lockdown
The coronavirus outbreak has all of our attention at the moment. Unfortunately, school closures bring great chaos into the minds of autistic children and thus into the everyday life of their whole families. Parents with autistic children are always around the clock, and social isolation is nothing new to these families. The big difference this time, however, is that families with autistic children have to manage their care by themselves, 24 hours a day, without any breaks.
In this article, we will discuss what the families with autistic children are going through in these trying times, what’s going on inside the mind of an autistic child and what are some quick ways to help an autistic child in this situation. Additionally, we will also discuss a holistic treatment for autism through homeopathy. Let us begin.
How do autistic child and their family feel in times of crisis?
Today, in most families across the globe, the parents are at home 24 hours a day. Social conventions such as shaking hands when greeting, which are hard to teach to an autistic child, are no longer acceptable, at least for a while. Normal routine can no longer be followed.
Families with autistic children are finding it extremely difficult to bring calm for themselves and their autistic child. For the child, this problem is very difficult to understand as they are used to specific routines and cannot easily interpret a change in lifestyle.
This is a great test of patience for both sides! One overload chases the next. Physically, there is also the fact that autistic people feel weak and sick. The night is turned into the day because sleep disturbances are inevitable. Dissatisfaction arises on both sides, which sometimes leads to anger, closely followed by unjust behavior among each other. Click to read more about autism homeopathy on our website.
Inside The Mind of an Autistic Child During the COVID-19 Lockdown
Since the beginning of the lockdown, autistic children are worried consciously or subconsciously about a lot of things, such as:
- Not being able to adapt to a new routine.
- Zoom class or therapy is too difficult. There is no room to move.
- I need to move, I must physically move and I can’t which makes my brain feel worse.
- I may not interact but having other people around at least makes me feel good.
- What happens if mom and/or dad get sick?
- I don’t understand why we can’t go outside.
- Why are some foods I like from the supermarket is not available?
- Masks make reading the face of my parents very difficult.
- I am more confused than before.
- Going to the pool relieves a lot of anxieties but they are closed and I don’t feel good.
- I can’t do speech therapy on the computer, I don’t understand what she wants.
- My senses are very acute and I sense the worries from people.
How can parents help their autistic child during the lockdown?
If your child is having trouble finding their way around the new situation, here are a few tips for you to start with:
- Remain calm. Patiently explain why your child needs to stay home for a while.
- Take away your child’s fear with empathy.
- Take your child’s worries seriously!
- Talk to your child as much as possible even though you think he does not understand. He may not express but often the understanding is there. Only by talking can you find out what is bothering your child. Be a resonant listener.
- Don’t scold or punish your child when they are feeling anxious. Don’t blame your child. It takes consolation, not punishment!
- Get in touch with the teacher if your child is unable to complete their homework or can’t do it at all. The children shouldn’t have to rework what they couldn’t in the current situation.
Another significant form of treatment that you can adopt for the treatment of Autism, if you haven’t already, is the use of various homeopathic remedies. Homeopathy has shown significant improvement in autistic children in keeping them calm, and parents who’ve ensured continuous dosage of homeopathic drugs during the current situation have found themselves in a better position to help their children who have autism.
For the best homeopathic remedies for autism, you may contact Homeopathic Services. Arrange a professional homeopath for your child whether it is in New York, in the US or any part of the world. This exceptional facility is run by the famous homeopath Pierre Fontaine, who has a combined experience of over 25 years with thousands of success stories.
Above all, be patient and keep reminding yourself and your child that this pandemic will be over soon. Till then, be safe and take extra care of your children.